Associate Executive Director -- Administration
|Location:||Rock Island, IL|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Exciting Administrative/Management Opportunity with The Arc of the Quad Cities Area – Supporting Individuals with Developmental and Other Disabilities|
Associate Executive Director - Administrative Services. This position is a member of the agency’s executive management team. The successful candidate will lead a team of directors and department staff to administer all components of administrative operations including, but not limited to, fiscal, human resources and labor relations, IT, maintenance, property and risk management, and employee training, ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations, laws, and accreditation requirements. Applicants are required to have a B.S. or B.A. in administration, business, health or human services management, and have experience directing a large budget. Successful applicants must be able to demonstrate initiative, self-direction, ability to efficiently organize and attend to detail, and demonstrate a high level of energy and commitment to the organization’s mission. An MBA, MPA, CPA or equivalent is preferred.
|Duties:||1. Actively support and further the Mission of The Arc of the Quad Cities Area. “To live and work in Partnership with the community to support individuals with developmental and other disabilities, through a variety of support services.”|
2. Ensure active communication and positive relationships with all stakeholders, including but not limited to individuals served, parents, staff, administrators, and community members.
3. Serve as Chief Financial Officer for The Arc of the QCA, ensuring compliance with applicable standards, laws, regulations, and accreditation requirements as appropriate for division and agency operations. Ensure best practices and appropriate controls of all agency assets and financial management.
4. Administer all components of The Arc of the QCA Administrative Services which are defined as all centralized services and functions needed for agency operations. These services and functions include, but are not limited to the following: human resources; labor relations and negotiations; employee training; fiscal management; maintenance; building & grounds; property acquisition and management; risk management; insurance; property control; pension; volunteers; information technology & communications; policy and procedure development and implementation; corporate, administrative and organizational records.
5. Provide administration of all applicable services identified in #3 for other Arc of the QCA affiliate corporations.
6. Direct, coordinate and ensure that reports, data and information required by funding, governmental, or regulatory agencies are prepared professionally, accurately, and submitted timely.
7. Ensure effective and sufficient staffing levels. Monitor and direct staff selection, hiring, training, and discipline for all agency operations according to agency policy. Lead management efforts in labor relations and union negotiations, conferring with agency managers, counsel and others as necessary to afford an effective and mission centered working environment.
8. Establish and maintain liaisons with consultants, attorneys, union, vendors, funding sources and others as necessary, to ensure the smooth operation of Administrative Services and Arc programs and services.
9. Ensure communications and coordination of Administrative Services with other Arc of the QCA services.
10. Act as representative to Board Committees and present to Board of Directors as needed/requested.
11. Direct budgeting process for the agency and maintain the budget for each fiscal year. Make annual recommendations regarding wages, capital equipment and improvements to maintain quality.
12. Ensure adequate and appropriate IT operations, software, web management, communication technologies to provide for effective agency wide operations.
13. Develop, prepare and implement appropriate policies and procedures for administrative and agency wide operations. Ensure annual review of same and coordinate necessary steps for Board or Executive Director approval.
14. Serve as an active and effective member of the agency’s management team. Meet regularly with the Executive Director and other Associate Executive Directors to assist in the overall management of the agency. Assist, counsel and support the Executive Director and serve as Executive Director in his/her absence.
15. Perform all tasks and duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
|Qualifications:||1. B.S. or B.A. in administration, business, public administration, health services management, or human services. |
2. MBA, MPA, CPA or equivalent preferred.
3. Experience in direct management of large budget ($1 million plus and physical plant), knowledge of both for-profit and non-profit (fund) accounting.
4. Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication skills.
5. Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with frequent interruptions, problem solve independently and with others, and take initiative.
6. Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and assume responsibility.
7. Demonstrated capability of representing organization in a professional manner.
8. Demonstrated successful use of Microsoft Office software, internet technology, and Outlook email software.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.