RN Nurse Trainer
|Location:||Quad Cities, IL|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Arc of the Quad Cities Area is seeking an RN Nurse Trainer to supervisor and train staff and individuals in medication administration. This position will coordinate and oversee healthcare services to 10 group home settings serving those with intellectual disabilities.|
|Duties:||1. Actively support and further the Mission of The Arc of the Quad Cities Area. |
2. Ensure agency compliance with rule 116, rule 115, and all other rules as they relate to medical services and medication administration for CILA and other programs as assigned.
3. Coordinate the delivery of health services for Residential Alternatives individuals. Facilitate the implementation of physicians’ orders checking to ensure that all orders are correct by initialing each order. Develop, revise, implement, and ensure compliance with all necessary operating procedures for areas of responsibility.
4. Advocate for each individual with their physician(s) to ensure good health care, continuity of care, and resolution of any critical situation medically or behaviorally.
5. Authorize staff for medication administration according to rule 116 of the Illinois Administrative Code. Ensure all staff is reauthorized on an annual basis, documenting the results in their personnel file. Provide instruction to staff via in-service, classroom, and on-the-job training.
6. Facilitate the completion of annual nursing assessment, physical status reviews, quarterly nursing assessments, quarterly SAMA’s and nursing service packets as required. Review results with the program supervisor of each home to ensure accuracy.
7. Hire, supervise, schedule, train, evaluate, and discipline Residential Alternatives licensed practical nurses.
8. Report medication errors per DHS guidelines. Review staff that have medication errors and determine what retraining is necessary. Document results in their personnel file.
9. Act as nursing liaison to external monitoring agents as needed. Facilitate the implementation of physicians’ orders checking to ensure that all orders are correct by initialing each order.
10. Review monthly physician’s orders, medication records, lab/x-ray, and consultant reports for designated individuals. Document review by initialing each report, order and medication record.
11. Participate in individual staffings and IDT meetings as needed.
12. Provide 24-hour on-call nursing coverage for Residential Alternatives.
|Qualifications:||1. RN license in the state of Illinois required.|
2. Two years of clinical registered professional nursing experience within the past five years required, preferably at least one in developmental disabilities.
3. Contingency of successful completion of the Department of Human Services Nurse -Trainer training program.
4. Contingency of approval as a Nurse – Trainer by the Department of Human Services.
5. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
6. Strength and flexibility to lift parts, equipment, and supplies and to assist in lifting individuals and provide other individual related care.
7. Valid driver’s license in good standing and vehicle with appropriate auto insurance required. Must be approved by Agency’s Auto insurance carrier for driving agency vehicles
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.