Program Supervisor, Day Program
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Arc is seeking a professional for the position of Program Supervisor. In this position, the Program Supervisor will supervise program staff, maintain program compliance with regulatory standards and funding requirements while ensuring that individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities will receive individualized training, personal care, safety and well being. |
The supervisor of this program is required to have knowledge of dementia, Alzheimer's and end of life issues. They must have at least 2 years of experience working with people with developmental disabilities.
|Duties:||CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES|
1. Actively support and further the Mission of The Arc.
2. Responsible for all aspects of supervision including training, scheduling, monitoring, evaluating and disciplining and evaluation.
3. Ensure all classroom training and OJT is completed in designated timeframes. Provide OJT and in-service training to staff as required. Provide timely evaluations of staff performance.
4. Responsible for total operation of designated site/area as assigned. Ensure site is clean, orderly and pleasant.
5. Develop, coordinate, and ensure implementation of individualized training for assigned individuals. Provide personal care, health care, and training to individuals as necessary and ensure safety and well-being of individuals at all times.
6. Ensure program compliance with regulatory standards and funding requirements.
7. Complete reports and ensure documentation is complete, accurate, on time and accessible to AED of the program. Ensure IHP services are in place and individual assessments are completed.
8. Actively participate in staff meetings, committees, and classroom training as assigned. Attend individual-related meetings.
9. Represent the agency in a professional manner within the community. Maintain necessary contact with parents/guardians/family members of individuals. Communicate effectively with individuals, agency personnel, customers and others.
10. Maintain a safe, clean work environment ensuring the highest safety standards available, correcting any deficiencies immediately. Maintain agency property/equipment. Request supplies as necessary.Maintain use of good body mechanics, universal precautions, and personal protective equipment as necessary.
11. Drive agency and/or personal vehicle for outings, errands, and as otherwise required.
12. Complete all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
|Qualifications:||Education: BS or BA preferred. |
Driving: Valid driver’s license in good standing and vehicle with appropriate auto insurance required. Must be approved by Agency’s Auto insurance carrier for driving agency vehicles.
Strength: Ability to lift minimum of 50 lbs. Ability to assist in the lifting and transferring of individuals weighing more than 100 lbs.
Flexibility: Ability to kneel on the floor, bend at the waist and knees, go from standing to the floor while assisting an individual who may be falling, or get into any position that may be required to provide individual related care.
Standing: Ability to stand/work on feet for 90% or more of the scheduled shift.
Sitting: Ability to sit periodically throughout the shift to complete required documentation; Sitting may be required for less than 5% of the scheduled shift.
Experience: Two years experience working with people with developmental disabilities required.
One-year supervisory experience preferred.
Technology: Knowledge of Microsoft applications preferred . Ability and willingness to learn computer applications as they may become required for documentation. Computation skills required.
Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and to interact professionally. Ability to perform written documentation clearly, accurately and completely. Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and complete tasks independently required.
Certifications: Direct Service Provider certification preferred or the ability to obtain within 120 days of employment.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.