|Location:||Moline, East Moline and Rock Island, IL|
|Salary Range:||Starting at $9.25 per hour|
|Description:||1. Actively support and further the Mission of The Arc. "Living and Working in Partnership with the |
2. Provide supervision, personal care training and active treatment as outlined in individuals habilitation plan (IHP), and ensure safety and well being of designated individuals at all times.
3. Maintain documentation in compliance with agency and regulatory standards (e.g. individual data sheets, incident reports, payroll, etc.). Provide input of individual progress and needs for programmatic purposes.
4. Maintain a safe, clean work environment including use of good body mechanics, universal precautions, and personal protective equipment as necessary.
5. Maintain agency property/equipment. Request supplies and repairs as necessary.
6. Ensure self-advocacy training for individuals and ensure informed choices are being offered.
7. Participate in staff training, conferences, and other meetings as required. Assist in on the job training of new staff.
8. Act as a positive role model to individuals and other staff. Communicate effectively with the individuals we serve, their guardians, the community, family members, staff, and others. Represent the agency in a positive manner.
9. Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
|Duties:||1. Assist with all aspects of meal provision including following a menu, grocery shopping, meal preparation, clean-up, etc.|
2. Perform health care related duties, monitoring individual health care status, perform medication administration, transportation to medical appointments, etc.
3. Participate in home and community recreation with individuals. Assist with making home or individual purchases, obtaining receipts at all times.
4. Assist/cover shifts/fill in at other sites as assigned
|Qualifications:||High School diploma, GED or equivalent required. Demonstrated ability to read at an 8th grade reading level. |
Strength: Ability to lift minimum of 50 lbs. Ability to assist in the lifting and transferring of individuals weighing more than 100 lbs.
Flexibility: Ability to kneel on the floor, bend at the waist and knees, go from standing to the floor while assisting an individual who may be falling, or get into any position that may be required to provide individual related care.
Standing:ability to stand/work on feet for 90% or more of the scheduled shift.
Sitting:Ability to sit periodically throughout the shift to complete required documentation; Sitting may be required for less than 5% of the scheduled shift.
Experience: Direct service in the human service field preferred
Technology: Knowledge of Microsoft applications preferred (not required). Ability and willingness to learn computer applications as they may become required for documentation.
Communication:Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and to interact professionally. Ability to perform written documentation clearly, accurately and completely.
Certifications:Direct Service Provider certification preferred or the ability to obtain within 120 days of employment.